Thursday, October 29, 2015

Soft Pork Tacos




                                       Pork Roast part 4


Hi Folks,


This is the fourth and final part of pork roast part one, which was my second post, where I wrote about purchasing two six pound pork roasts on sale  for about $24.00.

One of the goals I have for this blog is helping people to save money on their grocery bill and still eat really good food.

Now with this particular roast I cooked, my family and I could have had a nice roast dinner, and had some leftovers for later, and still came out cheap, at $12.00 for the roast.

But my intentions were to get at least 4 meals out of it at a cost of $3.00 a meal for the entree. So after cooking the roast I divided it into four portions, and planned what to do with them.

So if the store where you regularly shop has a really good sale on roasts, buy one and instead of thinking of it as one nice meal, think about how many meals you could make out of it, or if you can afford it buy two, and still have that nice roast dinner.

Even if you only had five meals out of the two roasts, that's still less than $5.00 per meal for the main part of your meal, and for four people it breaks down to $1.25 per person.

That's about the cost for something of the $1.00 menu at a fast food place.

Anyway this is what I did for my fourth meal.

I thawed the pork, warmed
it on the stove, and added tomatillo salsa to it. You can find the recipe for the salsa here on my blog, or just add your own favorite salsa.






I warmed the pork and salsa till
heated through.









Added Spanish rice for a side, you can find that recipe here also, warmed some flour tortillas, and here is the end result.




The pork made eight soft tacos, I just add some cilantro and a squirt of lime, and they where delicious.

I hope you try this recipe, or at least buy that roast and make your own four meals out of it.

Thinks for reading, Roy.

Here's a link to my youtube channel.Roys Kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment