Sunday, October 4, 2015

Easy No Knead Homemade Focaccia Bread

Hi Folks,

I decided  I wanted to try out some of Fleishmann's rapid rise yeast recipes, I love homemade bread, but it's not something that goes very quickly, and I wanted homemade bread quick.

We eat a lot of pasta so while reviewing Fleishmann's site, I saw this recipe in their no knead section, and thought focaccia - perfect with pasta, no knead and rapid rise how could it get any better?

Well I thought the only way it could get any better was what if I  made this recipe, halved it and made a savory focaccia out of one half, and a dessert focaccia out of the other half ?

Well it turned out pretty good. Here's the recipe and the changes I made to make 2 different breads.

Ingredients For dough:

3 cups of bread flour ( or all purpose )
1 envelope Fleishmann's rapid rise yeast
1 Tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 and 2/3 cup very warm water ( 120 - 130 degrees )
2 Tablespoons of olive oil ( I used 1 Tablespoon of olive oil  for the  savory, and 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil for the sweet )

For the topping for the savory I used :
 1/4 cup diced onions
2 Tablespoons sliced black olives
2 slices of mozzarella cheese
1 Tablespoon olive oil
a sprinkle of garlic  powder, Italian  seasoning and a sprinkle of Parmesan  cheese

For the topping of the sweet I used :

 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Nestle's Crunch Bar cut up ( I added after 20 minutes cooking time )

I combined the first 5 ingredients and mixed well, and here is where I diverged from the original recipe, you are supposed to combine the first 6 ingredients but as I wanted to use to use the vegetable oil in my sweet I divided the dough into 2 bowls and the added my olive oil to one and my vegetable oil to the other.  I put my dough's in 2 different pans I had sprayed with oil, and let rise for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, I preheated my oven to 375 degrees,  uncovered and poked holes in both dough's, added my toppings to each, covered and let rise for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes I baked both for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.

They where both delicious.

Now there where 3  mishaps along the way.

The first being I didn't read my recipe thoroughly, while waiting for my first rise, I reread  the recipe and I saw that I should have put the dough into  my pans, I had left the dough in the bowls and really thought I was waiting for a  15 minute rise, and then was going to put the dough in pans add toppings and then bake .

 As for the  second mishap, I'm not sure if  was the choice of candy bar I used, or the timing I added it to the top of the bread ( I was afraid it might burn if I added it when I first put it in the oven ) or a combination of the two.

The third mishap was I was also making a youtube video,  ( my second) , for this recipe on  a cloudy day, and parts of the video didn't come out really well.You can see it here, but I warn you I'm no Tom Hanks  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE5NPI-Hels

Now some of the goals I have for this blog and my youtube channel, beyond becoming as big as the pioneer woman someday,  is that maybe I can show people who  may not have a lot of experience in the kitchen, or who may be on a limited budget that they can make good food, and eat well, with cheap easy delicious recipes.

So try the original recipe from Fleishmann'n website , or diverge a little and make your own version you can throw just about anything on top of focaccia, and it will taste delicious.

Thank's for reading, Roy













No comments:

Post a Comment