Tuesday, November 17, 2015

San Marzano Marinara Sauce


Hi Folks,

This is a very simple recipe, that's good for those times when you aren't using meat, and just want a tasty sauce.

These Cento San Marzano Tomatoes are more pricey, I purchased these at Walmart, and they cost about $2.00 more than the same size can of Walmart brand whole tomatoes.

They really don't need a lot of extra ingredients to make a good sauce, these already have basil so all I added was olive oil,  garlic and a little water, and if you are spending the extra money for the tomatoes you really want to taste the tomatoes.


I smashed and peeled 2 cloves of garlic and let it heat over very low heat for about 10 minutes, flipping the garlic over after 5 minutes, until it was nicely browned on both sides.


I removed the garlic, I just wanted to flavor the oil for this sauce.



Because I also wanted this to be a smooth sauce, I blended the tomatoes, rinsing out the can with about 1/4 can of water and added it to the tomatoes.


Then I added a pinch of Fiesta Brand Mexican Oregano,



Crushing it between my fingers before adding it to the sauce.


I stirred everything around and on the same low heat, I cooked the sauce for 30 minutes.



I used this sauce for this Eggplant Parmesan. I will post that recipe at a later date.



No comments:

Post a Comment