Sunday, November 15, 2015

Easy Beef Stir Fry Recipe



Hi Folks,

I decided to make a beef stir fry, I have made chicken and pork stir fry before but never beef, I think maybe because of the cost of the sirloin, if I was going to spend that amount of money for beef then I was going to have a steak dinner.























Anyway I purchased the sirloin, brought it home and placed it in

the freezer for about an hour, to let it get partially frozen to make
it easier to get thin slices.I sliced the beef into thin strips, and then into bite sized pieces.














































  I made a marinade with 1 Tablespoon of Argo Cornstarch, 2 Tablespoons of Kikkoman Soy Sauce and 1 teaspoon of Heinz
Vinegar. I mixed it all together into a Glad storage bag, and placed it into the refrigerator for 30 minutes, while I got the other ingredients ready.











































I washed 7 leaves of Napa cabbage, cleaned 5 mushrooms by wiping away any visible dirt away with a damp paper towel, and washed 6 green onions and cut off the root ends.

                           

I placed a package of Kroger Stir Fry Vegetables into the microwave for 2 minutes just to get them thawed.

Then I sliced my other vegetables into bite sized pieces.















I next measured 2 cups of long grain rice into a strainer and rinsed it under running water until the water ran clear, removing as much starch from the rice as I could.

I brought 31/2 cups of water to a boil on the stove , and added my rice, covered the pot and reduced to simmer.

Most rice cooking instructions give a 2 to 1 ratio, with the 2 being the liquid and the 1 being the rice, I find if I use 1/2 cup liquid less my rice comes out less sticky.











While the rice was cooking I mixed up the ingredients for my stir fry sauce.I used 1 teaspoon of Dynasty Hoisin Sauce, 2 tablespoons

 of Kikkoman Soy Sauce,1 teaspoon of Thai Kitchen fish sauce, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 Tablespoons of Argo Cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger and 2 cups of Swanson Chicken broth. I mixed all the ingredients together and set to the side.



I  heated my wok over high heat until it was super hot added 2 Tablespoons of Crisco vegetable oil, swirled it around the wok for a few seconds, and threw in he beef. I cooked the beef until it was browned all over stirring constantly. After a few minutes the beef was done, I removed it to a plate, and set to the side.




I returned the wok to the stove returned it up to heat, added the Napa cabbage and 1/2 cup of chicken stock and cooked for a few minutes until the cabbage was softened and most of the stock had evaporated. I removed the cabbage to the plate with the beef.






I again brought the wok up to heat added 2 Tablespoons of oil and

added the sliced mushrooms, I sauteed them for a minute, added 1 clove of minced garlic, sauteed for a few seconds, and added the bag of stir fry vegetables.











After the vegetables had cooked for a few minutes, I added the green onions and cooked for another 2 minutes. I then added the sauce mixture and cooked until the mixture thickened, about 2 minutes.

By this time the rice was cooked, I fluffed it with a fork, scooped out a serving and added the beef.




It turned out to be really delicious.

I hope you give this recipe a try. Thanks for reading, Roy












No comments:

Post a Comment