Sunday, September 20, 2015

Pork Roast Part 1





Hi Folk's,

The stores around town this week had sales for pork roast,  I bought 2 @ $1.99 a pound, they each weighed just over 6 pounds so I spent just over $24.00 .

My thought when I bought them was that I would put one in the freezer  cook one, have a roast dinner, and have some leftovers for other  dinners.

I usually roast in the oven, but I cooked the roast in a crock pot on low overnight.

The next morning after removing the roast from the crock pot and letting it cool, I started slicing it up so I could portion it up and put it in the freezer.

Well the roast was so tender that it was falling apart, and really wouldn't  slice. Now I'm a little OCD ( just ask my Daughter about the mailbox), so while we still could have had a roast dinner, it wouldn't have been dinner  I had pictured, with nice slices of pork with mashed potatoes and gravy. So I nixed that idea and thought about what else to have.

One of my favorite meals is  Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce, so I thought I would make them with the pork, and serve them with a bowl of black beans. The meal was delicious, and while it wasn't the roast dinner I had wanted it was still a happy outcome.

After portioning the pork I had enough for 3 other meals, so I will be sharing them here.

Okay that's Pork Roast part 1.

Next Pork Roast part 2:  Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches


.











No comments:

Post a Comment